Wow, not posting for a month really catches up with you. The best news of all is that Scout and I are back to playing on a regular schedule. So much so that we are looking towards assessing our Level 2 Freestyle. So where do I begin??? How about from the ground up?
Online: Lea won a free lesson with Gretchen at Horse First Farm and learned sooo much and has passed on some of her knowledge to Scout and I. Mainly what we've been working on is our quality and the Bull's-eye that Lea learned. When Scout circles around me the goal is to get his
head below his withers so he uses his back and is bent around me. It's been tough for him so we are gettin' really good at the walk. I am learning how to influence him with my body, which I thought wasn't really possible on the ground, but boy it has made a night and day difference. Most the problems we had before, I can say this now, were all me and not Scout. Funny how that works, eh? So the more that I've changed the better and better he has gotten. When we are just cirlcing in general he offers so much! He'll pick up a canter as soon as I do in my body. It's one of the most amazing feelings - when you ask your horse to do something at the smallest cue and immediately they pick it up and do it! We are also working on our change of dicrection quality. More on that later!
Freestlye: I realized that since I was messing up Scout so much just on the ground I knew I had to start over. I should also admit that I never really finished watching Level2 Riding DVDs (oops!) so earlier this week I watched the 'Tit for Tat' and 'Follow the rail' segments with Linda and Remmer and went out to give it a whorl.......I had no idea what a difference it would make. Tit for Tat pretty much cured it all. The whole 'Your idea, My idea' concept completly changed Scout and my communication while riding. He is becoming more and more sesitive! YAY! It's an amazing feeling! and I have an amazing sister who is always so willing to lend advice! Thanks to Lea! I love you soo very much!
Well I gotta scoot! Later!
Allison





No comments:
Post a Comment