Welcome to My Blog!

This blog is all about my Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey with my paint pony, Scout. We officially passed our Level 1/2 Online on March 5th, 2009 and will be playing with Freestyle this summer! God is so good and I can't wait to see where He takes us next!!!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Sideways Surprise!

Today scout and I had a fantastic play session. The sun was out, and even though it was windy, he did awesome. We played around in the pasture with the circling game, sideways, and respect my space. Scout’s been crowding me lately so I simply did some ‘chicken wings’ and he was fine after that. On the sideways game I have to slow down and get more clear for him, then he's like a little dressage pony! Our circling game is a little broken at the moment, so I'll be going back to L1 and look at the trouble shooting on that.
When we rode today the sun felt so good! Scout was really warm beneath me, too. I was working on sideways while mounted and he was fantastic! He likes to go sideways when we are walking along a fence. So I would turn my body while he was walking, add leg then rein, then bump really lightly with my stick. He did it nice and slow and started with a shoulder in! I was so happy! He was so responsive and seemed willing to change up our 'follow the rail' game. We are also working on our turns and maintaining gait at the trot. To top things off we ended with a easy lope! Glorious day on FourWinds Farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment