Yesterday I was feeling kinda of down and lonely. It's hard to be homeschooled sometimes, because every so often I miss being in the throws of school, and seeing friends everyday. It was beautiful outside, so where did I go? TO SEE MY PONY IN THE BACK-YARD. I think he knew I was sad, because he full-out whinnied at me (his sounds like a yearling, high pitched and all!). So I haltered him and had a thought, "Let's play without the rope." So I never put a rope on his halter and we played Games 1 through 3 and drove from zone 3 at liberty!!! I was blown away. (you would think that is new to me or something? =D) Then we were both really confident, so I looped the savvy string round his neck and rode with a carrot stick. We trotted and I even got him to put his nose on a barrel and a bucket!! He was soo good! And all without a rope or reins!
Now that we are playing with all 7 games, he turns Extroverted and licks his lips so much faster. When he is really confident, he gets the nibbles and wants to chew on everything and everybody.
So after an amazing ride like that, who wouldn't be smiling from ear to ear. I was. Night and Day difference. Parelli was right, THIS IS WAY MORE THAN RIDING!!!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment