Welcome to My Blog!

This blog is all about my Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey with my paint pony, Scout. We officially passed our Level 1/2 Online on March 5th, 2009 and will be playing with Freestyle this summer! God is so good and I can't wait to see where He takes us next!!!

Monday, September 22, 2008

A day in the Round Pen...

I played with Scout in Lea's round pen today. We breezed through the first four games and then I worked on feet, lowering his head, and zone 3 driving. All are coming along real nice. I also took a decorative wind-sock thing and attached it to a carrot stick and did the Friendly game. He did awesome. I could hardly get a rise out of him. I twirled it above his head, had him walk under it, and so then I attached it to the fence and we rode under it. He was all like No Big Deal. Very confident, little guy showed up today!! Riding in the Round pen was a blast. I think I'll assess in there. We played with figure 8's. He was pretty light, too. The key for him is a carrot stick to support him, but I'm starting to use it less and less. AWESOME DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment