Circling Game was fun because Lea said that I could have the rein either over Scout's back or around his hind legs. I worked with both and I can't wait to trot! Changing direction sounds crazy but works like a dream. Lea demonstrated that in order to turn left, I have to walk to the right to push zone 1 away. I first I was like "There's no way that could work." But Lea did it (and made it look effortless in the process) so lots and lots to play with now!
I've been reinspired because Scout and I were kinda in a rut with nothing but cavaletties to do. He's a funny bug because after we get our circles really good my Right-Brained Intorvert changes it all and goes to being a snarky Left-Brained Introvert. Too funny! Once he goes LB I know now that it's good, but it's also a sign that he's bored. Yay! I'm just so excited for something new to do with Scout!
Thank you Lea! Love you so much! What an amazing teacher you are!
I stood in zone 3ish-4 for most of the time while we started out. Scout isn't quite ready for me to be in zone 5 yet, but that is the goal. Actually, my goal with him this summer is to prepare him to be able to pull a sled this winter...how fun would that be!





No comments:
Post a Comment