Welcome to My Blog!

This blog is all about my Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey with my paint pony, Scout. We officially passed our Level 1/2 Online on March 5th, 2009 and will be playing with Freestyle this summer! God is so good and I can't wait to see where He takes us next!!!

Monday, July 6, 2009

My, Oh My it's been a while!


Wow, so much has changed and happened since I last posted but I think what has changed most of all is that I got a job. I now work part-time at Farm and Fleet so in the whirlwind of adjusting to that there wasn't a whole lot that I did with Scout at the beginning of May beyond just grooming and hanging out with him. Lea would play with him occasionally on the days that I worked so that he got some mental and physical exercise. Now that I've settled into a working routine I am playing with Scout more and more and I have to say that I really have missed it.


So at the moment we are working on dragging an object so that I can start to drive him! As he gets older I don't want to ride him too often so I think I'm going to teach him to drive a cart. Last week I attached a 22' rope to our jolly ball and drug that around and around and around. Lea showed me the first half of Linda and Allure dragging a cone from the Savvy Club DVD so we did all the tasks that she covered.


*drag the cone behind the horse

*bounce the cone all around as you drag it

*drag the cone in front of the horse

*turn away from the cone so that the rope touches them as you turn


Scout did so great that I even wrapped the rope around his neck so that he could feel the pressure! He did so great!


So for this week we are going to drag the cone and then something heavier, like a barrel, and have him pull it with his neck and lots and lots of Zone 5 Driving and Friendly Game

No comments:

Post a Comment