Welcome to My Blog!

This blog is all about my Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey with my paint pony, Scout. We officially passed our Level 1/2 Online on March 5th, 2009 and will be playing with Freestyle this summer! God is so good and I can't wait to see where He takes us next!!!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Computer Down, but Riders UP!

Our home computer blew another hard-drive on Tuesday so I haven't been able to keep in touch with all of you. I apologize.The computer is quite messed up. Apparently we keep blowing out hard-drives so the service guys are running diagnostics on it and it looks like a motherboard problem...oh joy. So either they'll fix it and we'll have it back my the end of the week or we get a new CPU. We are trusting in our Lord that they are able to fix it because a new computer is really not in the budget. Prayer would be mightily accepted!

Scout and I are right back on the 'Savvy Track' (if there is such thing). Lea continues to give us lessons and pointers for both online and freestyle.

Today we played at liberty in the round pen and Scout was quite marvelous! He made a figure-8 look easy and even offered to canter while circling. I had carrots with me and hid them all around as we ended our session. I put some on the pedestal; so he had to look before he stepped onto it. I tied his halter to the rail and looped my 12' over another rail and put carrots next to that. He sure does love his point-to-point!! My dad cut one of our barrels in half and now they are the perfect height for Diesel to play with and for Scout to jump. I got a tremendous pic that I will upload when we get our PC back up and running.

Our freestyle is going well too! Lea had her good friend Rebecca out on Tuesday so they rode and kept the boys busy for more then two hours! Lea even gave Scout a lesson on natural riding. But Scout and I are progressing nicely. He loves riding in the track and is really starting to pick up on my subtler cues which is so cool and makes me smile every time. Lea told me that if I do 3-4 patterns per ride and quit when we relaxes or gets soft in his movements and what a change in Scout's attitude! It really is never the horses fault for behaving the way they do! IT'S ALL FEEDBACK!! My favorite patter to do is the figure-8 because I drop my reins and only use my stick and legs. It just blows me away because when I rode before I never thought it was possible to ride without reins. Especially with Scout because he tends to move around a lot.

So many good things are happening on the farm and I will try to keep this update while we don't have a home PC.
Off to enjoy a beautiful Wednesday!
Much love and blessings!
~Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment