Welcome to My Blog!

This blog is all about my Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey with my paint pony, Scout. We officially passed our Level 1/2 Online on March 5th, 2009 and will be playing with Freestyle this summer! God is so good and I can't wait to see where He takes us next!!!

Monday, January 12, 2009

First 2009 post!

Hey all! Scout's abscess is completely healed up and we are on the move again! Currently we are working on his: *Yo-Yo bring back (he's kinda hesitant)
*Porcupine game (he is too light so I am working on slowing things down)
*Friendly game in his mouth b/c the dentist comes at the end of the month
*Because of his abscess I haven't ridden him since Christmas so we are reviewing Level 1 riding with one rein. I really want him to be confident in me and not be
so barn sour.

We were playing yesterday and his circling game was going really nice. He was maintaining speed and all very well. So we circled towards our barrels that Lea had laying on their sides and HE OFFERED TO JUMP THEM!!! TWICE! I was so proud of him and he looked so relaxed and confident. He can really jump! he made it look effortless. We had a great day today too! I'm walking him a lap of our pasture every time we play b/c he runs the risk of laminitis and IR so exercise is so crucial for him.
Here in Northern Illinois we are currently under a blizzard warning so I probably won't be out there much. Plus it's supposed to get really, really, cold. One of the lows later this week is supposed to be like -15 degrees! good thing we found him a blanket should he need it!
That's all for now folks! Stay warm everybody!
~aLliSoN

No comments:

Post a Comment