Lately Scout and I have been improving the quality of our Direct and Indirect reins. I've also been riding bridle-less with just a savvy string around his neck and that is going great. He is becoming very responsive and willing. Plus it's been pretty chilly here so we are now cantering!! It's so fun!
I think the biggest change has been in me. For the last couple weeks, Scout's attitude wasn't focused or interested in me. When we would play he never really got into it or looked like his brain was involved. He would lick his lips and chew, but every now and then he gets this obedient look on his face. His lips get tight and he just does it because, not because he wants too. So I've really slowed down my actions and my phases. This has made a world of difference in him already. By slowing down my actions I've become aware of how sensitive his is. So When I ask for things Phase 1 and 2 are all that it takes.
In Level 2 I'm watching the savvy arrows so we'll be getting into the tasks soon. I'm going on my church's fall retreat this weekend, so my sister is gonna play with him. I'm hoping that she gets the confidence to canter with him. It's so fun!
Savvy Out!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment