Welcome to My Blog!

This blog is all about my Parelli Natural Horsemanship journey with my paint pony, Scout. We officially passed our Level 1/2 Online on March 5th, 2009 and will be playing with Freestyle this summer! God is so good and I can't wait to see where He takes us next!!!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Have Confidence, Will Canter

Ok, so on Wednesday my dad video-taped our level 1 assessment. We had to start over three times because he wasn’t confident with me picking up his hind feet from one side. There are still things we need to work on so I’ll be redoing it. It taught me a lesson though! I was so direct lined about getting my red string that I wasn’t focused on his needs for me as a leader. So I did some Friendly game on his feet and he was fine. Plus on the ‘squeeze through the gate’ part he CANTERED through it. I laughed so hard! It was the funniest thing! He also maintained gait for 2 circling laps and went sideways with ease.

Lately we have been working on Level 2 Prep riding and he has improved so much. He’s light and responsive and is truly a joy to ride. I also got up the nerve to canter. Hey, have confidence, will canter, right? We loped along the whole north end of our pasture (300 feet) at a super comfy, rocking canter. When my sister and I rode in the afternoon, we gave each other tasks to do. Lea had me go sideways (with a fence), but without a carrot stick for the first time today and Scout did marvelous. Ever since the clinic with Helen Topp we have been playing with the question box pattern. Scout seems to enjoy it so we did it on the ground with a 22’ and while riding. We even trotted some of the time.

Trimmer comes on Monday, so we’ve been preparing for that.

Otherwise all is well. We are sure enjoying the nice weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment